Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dear Future Husband


So a few weeks ago I read my first "Future Wife" Post by Mr. Peter DeWolf. My heart was full after reading it. Truly it was Pure Loveliness. I first found this young gent because I followed his cute as a button girlfriend, Ashley when she was a Season 5 blogger for Stratejoy. After my last post I thought. "I should write a future spouse blog" THEN Mr. Dewolf issued a Challenge and I knew I had to accept! 





Dear Future Husband,

It took me a long time to get to you. I used to think that it was taking forever for you to find me. I would curse the fates for making me wait. Shake my fist at the heavens for not letting my fairy tale start. But you know what? It's me that took so long...

I had to go through this crazy life alone to find out how to be amazing with someone else. If you had come any sooner, it wouldn't have worked. So now I bow to the heavens in graciousness because, like always, they knew I needed a little more refining.

So here I am.
Im ready to Love you more than myself.
Im ready to get up early to make you coffee and breakfast before work. (which means alot, I hate getting up early)
Im ready to hold your hand when we drive 
Im ready to drive ALL OVER. 
Im ready to go on so many adventure with you. 
Im ready to bring you ginger ale when you are sick and I won't even be grossed out when you lay your feverish head on my lap
Im ready to be cool hip older parents. The kind that lived a life on their own before settling down so all they have is fun and excitement to impart to their kids. 
Im ready to take 1 day a month to just spend the whole day locked away somewhere, just the two of us. Snuggling, making out, having sex, watching movies. sleeping...whatever

I promise to never belittle you. 
I promise to bite my tongue and think before I speak.
I promise to *try* and only unleash my crazy once a month.
I promise to respect everything about you.
I promise to resolve arguments with understanding.
I promise to trust you. And trust IN you. knowing your character and never questioning your goodness and love for me.
I promise you will be the only man in my heart (unless we have a son) But you will definitely be the only man in my pants :) 
I promise to love your family just as much as my own. 
I promise to be honest with you. 
I promise to cut-back on masked expectations and veiled replies. When I say "What?" it will be because I really didn't hear you, not because I'm just really upset with what you just said. 
 I promise to love you forever. 


Up until now I was unable to seriously promise these things. I had so many hurdles to overcome. But now Im ready. I want to be everything you need. And this list is just the beginning. I'm going to keep working on it and there will be more letters. I promise. :)

2 comments:

  1. Really, really well done.

    Glad you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, Really Loved it! Thanks for the push :)

    ReplyDelete